Honors Hot Topics
The Honors Program sponsors Honors Hot Topics, where some interested moderator (not necessarily faculty or staff) agrees to meet with a handful of other interested people (not necessarily students) to discuss some topic of interest. Note the following:
- Each Hot Topic is a one-time event.
- The moderator may recommend readings or other optional advance preparation.
- Time and place are announced about ten days in advance.
- Attendance is usually limited to about 20, to ensure plenty of room for discussion.
- There are no grades, assignments or required homework.
- Anyone may attend.
The Honors Program Office will advertise the event on its web site and in Honors classes, but the Hot Topics are open to everyone in the campus community.
- Hits: 386