JUMP! into Grad School
Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP!)
The University of Alabama in Huntsville has a Joint Undergraduate Master's Program (JUMP) where undergraduate students can study at the graduate level. By taking graduate courses in their senior year they could potentially reduce the time taken to get a graduate (MS) degree. Students who wish to pursue a MS degree will benefit from this program.
Benefits for the student:
#1 - No entrance exam!
#2 - Double count undergrad classes for grad degree!
#3 - Pay undergrad tuition for grad classes taken as a JUMP student!
#4 - No application fee!
How to JUMP!
- Determine if JUMP! is available for your program of interest. If yours is not listed below, still check with your department. More JUMP! programs are being established.
Aerospace Systems Engineering: Dr. Hollingsworth, firstname.lastname@example.org
Atmospheric Science: Dr. Carey, email@example.com
Biology: Dr. Moriarity, firstname.lastname@example.org
Business (All): Ms. Pettitt, email@example.com
Chemistry: Dr. Setzer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Civil Engineering: Dr. Toutanji, email@example.com
Chemical Engineering: Dr. Chen, firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Science: Dr. Weisskopf, email@example.com
Earth Systems Science: Dr. Carey, firstname.lastname@example.org
Electrical & Computer Engineering: Dr. English, email@example.com
History Coming Soon!
Industrial & Systems Engineering: Dr. Collopy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mechanical Engineering: Dr. Hollingsworth, email@example.com
Math: Dr. G.H. Zhang, firstname.lastname@example.org
Physics: Dr. Lieu, email@example.com
Public Affairs: Dr. Pottenger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply anytime before your last semester by completing the JUMP! application below.
- Meet with your college JUMP advisor and submit application.
- Maintain required GPA and receive a B in each JUMP course for it to count towards your graduate degree. Please be sure to read all the rules for JUMP on your application or below.
UAH Campus News Article about JUMP!
We think the JUMP! Program is a win-win, but find out why from a student who's enrolled in the program.
JUMP Application Form
JUMP Change of Program Form Jump Change.pdf
Offical Rules for JUMP!
- For admission to JUMP, student must meet overall GPA requirements* of the college. GPA includes all transfer coursework.
- Only courses taken at UAH and listed on JUMP application are eligible.
- Students must receive a B in each JUMP course for it to count towards graduate degree.
- Student must maintain minimum overall GPA throughout JUMP program until graduation.
- All coursework must be completed within six years of taking first JUMP class.
- Students are considered undergraduate students until all requirements for undergraduate degree are met.
- Students cannot hold a GTA, GRA, or graduate scholarship or fellowship until undergraduate degree is completed.
- If a change is made to initial JUMP application both a JUMP change form and a change to student’s undergraduate Program of Study (POS) must be submitted for approval.
- If student’s GPA upon graduation is less than the required minimum, the student does not receive admission to the graduate degree program automatically. Student must apply to the graduate school with admission test score and graduate application. Courses will be counted as if the student had been a non-degree seeking graduate student.
- Notify Graduate Studies when you submit your application for undergraduate graduation.
*Minimum GPA requirements by college or program
- Hits: 9537