In addition to routine care of the campus grounds, Grounds Management also performs a number of campus services, including:
- Solid waste disposal
- Relocation of University property (see Notes #1 , #2 and #3 below)
( Move Request )
- Campus Recycling Program (recycle.uah.edu)
- Parking lot and roadway maintenance (including sweeping and striping)
- Setup and teardown of some campus events
- Clearing ice and snow from walkways and roadways
- Maintenance of campus lakes
- Athletic fields care and maintenance
Note #1: Campus Move Request Procedures
Note #2: Please fully complete the Move Request. Requests lacking proper completion and signatures will be returned to the requestor.
Note #3: IMPORTANT!! We do not usually assemble furniture. Furniture assembly and delivery is generally provided through the successful bidder and should be coordinated through Procurement Services. If a department chooses to go outside of the Procurement Services contract, it will be that department's responsibility to assemble furniture or make alternate assembly arrangements.