Building Maintenance and Construction
Welcome to the Facilities & Operations Maintenance and Construction website! We pride ourselves as a customer-focused organization. We believe in creating a strategy to deliver our services in the most efficient manner possible -- demonstrating our value to the customer. Our goal is to surpass customer expectations. Our employees take great pride and strive in the preservation of the University.
Building Maintenance & Construction is responsible for the physical assets of The University of Alabama in Huntsville to ensure a quality environment for students, faculty, staff, and visitors in support of the University's mission of teaching, research, and outreach. We seek to be a knowledgeable and dedicated workforce that can be highly productive while enjoying what we do.
- To develop an innovative facilities management organization that is a credit to the University and emulated by our peer institutions.
- To partner with the University community to provide facilities and services that are valued by them and of the highest quality possible.
- To assemble a diverse team of energetic and professional service providers committed to working together to exceed the expectations of our customers.
- To utilize the resources provided to the department in a fiscally responsible and environmentally conscious manner.
- To be good stewards of the physical assets entrusted to us by being proactive and farsighted in our planning and decision making.
- To embrace best industry practices and state of the art technology in our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services and provide the most cost effective delivery possible.
To submit a Service Request for construction or alterations, please complete the Service Order form and email or forward a copy of the signed form to the Work Order Desk, located in the Physical Plant Building, room 124.
Contact us at 256-824-6482.