Academic Advising in the College of Engineering
Academic advising is an important part of the College of Engineering's commitment to help students be successful. Academic advising is more than just getting help choosing classes. Academic advising helps students in the transition to college academic programs, develop a plan of study in their chosen field, learn about and access academic and student support services on campus, and become aware of experiential learning options.
Students are advised in the CUE2 office for approximately their first two years at UAHuntsville or until they have finished the required math and science courses for their engineering program. Students are then assigned an advisor from their engineering major department. The department advisor serves as the student's mentor, helping the student identify engineering electives and discussing career options and goals.
Why You Should Meet with Your Advisor
- to select courses and plan for future semesters
- to track your academic progress
- to gather information about potential majors and to discuss career goals
- to discuss changing your schedule (i.e., adding or dropping courses)
- to discuss academic difficulties
- to discuss any issues that affect academic performance
- to declare or change your major
- to find out where to go for specific services or resources
- to talk with a supportive listener who can help make the transition to college easier
The Center for Undergraduate Engineering Education Office is open from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday during the semester. Students should call 256.824.6877 to make an appointment or come during our walk-in hours.
- Hits: 9202