Mark W. Lin, Ph.D.
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
Mechanical Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (VPI&SU)
Dr. Lin is currently Associate Professor in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH). He received his M.S. in Engineering Mechanics in 1987 and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering in 1993 both from Virginia Tech. He then served as Assistant Professor in Engineering at Clark Atlanta University and joined UAH in 2000. His research interests include development of smart actuator and sensor, structural integrity monitoring of composite material systems and large engineering structures, and theoretical and finite element modeling of hygrothermomechanical response of composite materials.
- Development of Smart Actuation and Sensing Systems
- Characterization and Engineering Applications of Induced-Strain Smart Materials
- Monitoring of Composite Material Systems and Large Civil Infrastructures
- Finite Element Modeling and Experimental Characterization of Hygro-Thermo-Mechanical Response of Composites
- Development of Micro-Cantilevered Biological/Chemical Sensors
Honors & Awards
- Most Dedicated Professor in Mechanical Engineering, Clark Atlanta University, Department of Engineering, 1999
- Research Product Development Team Award, United States Army Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (USACERL), 1997
Khoshbakht, M. and Lin, M. W., 2010, "A Finite Element Model for Hygro-Thermo-Mechanical Analysis of Masonry Walls with FRP Reinforcement," Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, Vol. 46, pp. 783-791..
Khoshbakht, M., Lin, M. W., Carl A. Feickert, 2009, "A Finite Element Model for Hygrothermal Analysis of Masonry Walls with FRP Reinforcement," Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 45 (2009) 511-518.
Khoshbakht, M. and Lin, M. W., 2006, "Development of an Electrical Time Domain Reflectometry (ETDR) Distributed Moisture Sensor for Porous Media," Measurement Science and Technology, Vol. 17, pp. 2989-2996.
Lin, M. W., Berman, J., Khoshbakht, M., Feickert, C. A., and Abatan, A O., 2006, "Modeling of Moisture Migration in an FRP Reinforced Masonry Structure," Building and Environment, 41 (2006), 646 - 656.
Khoshbakht, M., Lin, M. W., and Berman, J. B., 2006, "Analysis of Moisture Induced Stresses in an FRP Composites Reinforced Masonry Structure," Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, 42 (2006), 414-429.
Lin, M. W. and Thaduri J., 2006, "Structural Deflection Monitoring Using an Embedded ETDR Distributed Strain Sensor," Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 423-430.
Lin, M. W. and Thaduri, J., 2005, "Structural Damage Detection Using an Embedded ETDR Distributed Strain Sensor," Subsurface Sensing Technologies and Applications, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 315-336.
Lin, M. W., Thaduri, J., and Abatan, A. O., 2005, "Development of an Electrical Time Domain Reflectometry (ETDR) Distributed Strain Sensor," Measurement Science and Technology, Vol. 16, pp. 1495-1505.
- Hits: 2569