To realize the mission of the department, the following educational objectives have been adopted for the undergraduate program. These objectives cover the fundamentals of both engineering and the humanities that characterize a university education, plus the specialized knowledge of industrial and systems engineering needed for a successful career in industry, the government, or academia.
- To produce graduates who can use their broad educational experience, ethical judgment, and systems thinking to impact the community in a positive way.
- To produce graduates with core competencies in engineering fundamentals.
- To produce graduates to successfully apply Industrial Engineering methodologies effectively to analyze, design, and implement integrated systems.
- To produce graduates who can function effectively in the work environment through participation in teams, leadership and effective communication skills.
- To produce graduates who are able to continue learning throughout their careers.