- We offer training for faculty on various aspects of DL methodology at scheduled times at the beginning of each academic term. In addition to these workshops, we also provide one-on-one assistance to faculty with specialized training or instructional design needs for the DL teaching and learning environment. Please contact Dr. Sherri Restauri for an appointment. Please also view the Distance Learning Faculty FAQ's below.
Trainings for DL Faculty for the Fall 2013 semester are listed below. Email Dr. Sherri Restauri to sign up for training.
- Wednesday, August 14, 2013-- 10:00 p.m. in Technology Hall
- Friday, August 16, 2013-- 10:00 a.m. in Technology Hall
- Friday, August 16, 2013-- 2:00 p.m. in Technology Hall
Trainings cover basic hardware and software tools used by DL faculty during the course of the semester, basic DL policies & procedures, and best practices for teaching courses through DL. Discussion of the new Panopto record anywhere, anytime functionality will be discussed this term! Faculty Q&A is encouraged throughout each training session, and hands-on work with the technology is made available at the end of each training session. Approximately 1 hour in length.
I encourage faculty interested in Distance Learning and educational technologies to attend any of our training sessions, even if you are not scheduled to teach courses offered fully via DL this semester. Feel free to invite colleagues--just let me know in advance so I can bring enough training materials for all in attendance.
Thanks! ~Dr. Sherri Restauri, DL Interim Director
Distance Learning Technology Training Documents
SMARTboard training tutorials
- Comprehensive Training Manual on SMART Board (.pdf)
- Using SMART Board with Excel Training Manual (.pdf)
- Using SMART Board with Powerpoint Training Manual (.pdf)
- Orienting the SMART Board QuickSheet (.pdf)
- SMART Board sympodium tablet QuickSheet (.pdf)
- SMART Board educational activities--Multi-discipline Templates and interactive programs
- SMART Ink Tutorial (.pdf)
- Editing with Panopto
- Panopto on the Go!
- Recording with Mac
- Recording with Windows
- Remote Recording
- Uploading with Unison
- Video Management
- Viewing Panopto Videos
- SMART Board Template for in-class use or prep for work with Panopto
- PowerPoint Template for in-class or use or prep for work with Panopto
Tips and Tools in Teaching
- Presentation Tips for presenters on camera
- DL Faculty Classroom Guidelines 2014
- Sample Introduction Letter for an Online Course
- Faculty Syllabus Blurb for teaching with DL at UAH
- Angel Instructor's Manual (full version . pdf)
- Angel Quick References
- How do I enable my Angel course? OR What do I do if my students say they cannot see my class when they log into Angel? Try this Angel Course Enabling helpsheet.
Quality Assurance Tools for Teaching with Technology
- SREC Electronic Campus Course Review -- Using the Principles of Good Practice (.pdf)
- LockDown Browser: Increase Confidence in Online Testing: A custom browser that locks down the online testing envrironment, so students can not cheat while taking their online exam.
- Hits: 1857