ECE Department Publications 2010-2011
1. “Image Segmentation and Shape Analysis for Road-Sign Detection,” Sharif Khan and Reza Adhami,if, Adhami IEEE Transaction son Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol 12, No. 1, March 2011.
2. “A novel approach of edge detection via a fast and adaptive bidimensional empirical mode decomposition method,” Advances in Adaptive Data Analysis, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 171-192, April 2010. Khan, Sharif, Adhami
3. “Current density and continuity in discretized models,” Timothy B. Boykin, Mathieu Luisier, and Gerhard Klimeck, European Journal of Physics 31, 1077 (2010).
4. “Full Three-Dimensional Quantum Transport Simulation of Atomistic Interface Roughness in Silicon Nanowire FETs,” S. Kim, A. Paul, M. Luisier, T. B. Boykin, and G. Klimeck, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices DOI: 10.1109/RED.2011.2118213 (Published Online 17 March 2011).
5. “Planetary Defense and an Energy Infrastructure for Near Earth Space”, Richard Fork, Luke Burgess, Grant Bergstue, and Randy Gaillard, Proceedings of the IEEE 99, No.3, March 2011, 359-362 (2011).
6. “E-beam patterned gold nanodots arrays on optical fiber tips for localized surface plasmon resonance biochemical sensing,” Y. Lin, Y. Zou, Y. Mo, J. Guo, and R. Lindquist, Sensors, vol. 10, pp. 9397-9406, October 20, 2010.
7. “Radiation-Hardened Electronics and Ferroelectric Memory for Space-Flight Systems,”R. Sayyah, T. MacLeod, Fat D. Ho, Integrated Ferroelectrics, 2011. (to appear)
8. “Temperature Dependent Flash Memory Erase Transient Simulation (Part I),”Scott Wolfson and F.D. Ho, Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 87, 2010.
9. “Temperature Dependent Flash Memory Erase Transient Simulation (Part II),” 3Scott Wolfson and F.D. Ho, Microelectronic Engineering, vol. 87, 2010.
10. “Transient Simulation to analyze Flash Memory Erase Improvements Due to Germanium Content in the substrate,” Scott Wolfson and F.D. Ho, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 57, no. 10, October 2010.
11. “A Mathematical Model of a Common-Drain Amplifier Using a Ferroelectric Transistor,” R. Sayyah, M. Hunt, T. MacLeod, Fat D. Ho, Integrated Ferroelectrics, June 2010.
12. “Applications of Smartphones for Ubiquitous Health Monitoring and Wellbeing Management,” M. Milosevic, M. T. Shrove, E. Jovanov, Journal of Information Technology and Application (JITA), Accepted, 2011.
13. “Body Area Networks for Ubiquitous Healthcare Applications: Opportunities and Challenges,” E. Jovanov, A. Milenkovic, Journal of Medical Systems, Accepted, 2011. DOI: 10.1007/s10916-011-9661-x.
14. “Circadian variations in biologically closed electrochemical circuits in Aloe vera and Mimosa pudica,” G. Volkov, K. Baker, J. C. Foster, J. Clemmons, E. Jovanov, V. S. Markin, Bioelectrochemistry, 81 (2011), pp. 39-45.
15. “Anisotropy and nonlinear properties of electrochemical circuits in leaves of Aloe vera L.,” G. Volkov, J. C. Foster, E. Jovanov, V. S. Markin, Bioelectrochemistry,
16. “Influence of the bias voltage on surface-driven orientational transitions for liquid crystal based chemical and biological sensors,”Y. Zou, J. Namkung, Y. Lin, D. Ke and R. G. Lindquist, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. ,44, p. 135103,2011.
17. “A reflection-based localized surface plasmon resonance fiber-optic probe for biochemical sensing,” Y. Lin, Y. Zou and R. G. Lindquist, Biomedical Optical Express, 2, 478-484, 2011
18. “Interference colors of nematic liquid crystal films at different applied voltages and surface anchoring conditions,” Y. Zou, J. Namkung, Y. Lin, D. Ke and R. G. Lindquist, Optics Express 19, 3297-3303, 2011
19. “Gravitational field-induced orientational transition of aligned nematic liquid crystals,”Y. Zou, Y. Lin, J. Namkung, D. Ke and R. G. Lindquist, Liquid Crystals 37, 1165-1169, 2010 (Shortlisted for the Luckhurst-Samulski Prize 2010)
20. “Optical monitoring of anchoring change in vertically aligned thin liquid crystal film for chemical and biological sensor,” Y. Zou, J. Namkung, Y. Lin and R. G. Lindquist, Applied Optics 49, 1865-1869, 2010
21. “Capacitive Techniques to Monitor of Anchoring Energy for Liquid Crystal Sensors,”J. Namkung, Y. Zou, A. Abu-Abed and R. G. Lindquist, IEEE Sensor Journal 10, 1479-1485, 2010
22. "Caches and Predictors for Real-time, Unobtrusive, and Cost-Effective Program Tracing in Embedded Systems," Aleksandar Milenković, Vladimir Uzelac, Milena Milenković, Martin Burtscher IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. PP, No. 99, 2010. doi: 10.1109/TC.2010.146 (available in preprint).
23. "A Direct Digital Frequency Synthesizer Based on the Quasi Linear Interpolation Method," Ashkan Ashrafi, Reza Adhami, Aleksandar Milenković, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, Vol. 57, No. 4, April 2010, pp. 863-872.
24. “LSM: A Layer Subdivision Method for Deformable Object Matching,”C.-H. Park, S.-M. Yoo, and W. D. Pan, Information Sciences, vol. 180, issue 19, Sep. 2010, pp. 3718-3727.
25. "Stable inversion-based robust tracking control in DC-DC nonminimum phase switched converters", J. M. Olm, X. R. Oton, and Y. Shtessel, Automatica, Vol. 47, No.1, pp. 221- 226, 2011.
26. “Output feedback tracking in causal nonminimum-phase nonlinear systems using higher order sliding modes,” Y. Shtessel, S. Baev, C. Edwards, and S. Spurgeon, International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, Vol. 20, Issue 16, November 2010, pp. 1866- 1878.
27. “New methodologies for adaptive sliding mode control,” F. Plestan, Y. Shtessel, V. Brégeault, and A. Poznyak, International Journal of Control, Vol. 83, No. 9, 2010, pp. 1907– 1919.
28. “Tracking for nonlinear plants with multiple unknown time-varying state delays using sliding mode with adaptation,” B. Mirkin, P. O. Gutman, and Y. Shtessel, International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, Vol. 20, Issue 13, September 2010, pp. 1455- 1464.
29. “Guest Editorial: Advances in Nonlinear Observation and Identification for Dynamic Systems,” M. Basin and Y. Shtessel, The Journal of the Franklin Institute, Special Issue on Advances in Nonlinear Observation and Identification for Dynamic Systems, Vol. 347, Issue 6, August 2010, pp. 895-898.
30. “Robust Adaptive Tracking with an Additional Plant Identifier for a Class of Nonlinear Systems”, B. Mirkin, P. O. Gutman; and Y. Shtessel, The Journal of the Franklin Institute, Special Issue on Advances in Nonlinear Observation and Identification for Dynamic Systems, Vol. 347, Issue 6, August 2010, pp. 974-987.
31. “Features of Electron Current Layers: Comparison between 3D PIC Simulations and Cluster Observations”, Singh, N., Manish Yeladandi, Trinath Somarothu, and B. E. Wells, J. Geophys. Res., 115, A04203, doi:10.1029/2009JA014601, 2010.
32. “Propagation of transversely narrow shear Alfven waves: Structure and radiation of electrostatic plasma waves”, Singh, N., M. Yeladandi, and I. Khazanov, J. Geophys. Res. , 115 , A06217, doi:10.1029/2009JA015065.
33. “Density cavity formation by large-scale shear Alfven waves”,Singh, N, M. Yeladandi, S. Araveti, European Phys. Letters, 91, doi: 10.1209/0295-5075/91/69003, 2010.
34. ‘‘Oblique Double Layers: A Comparison between Terrestrial and Auroral Measurements,’’ Singh, N., Comment on Phys. Rev. Letters, 106, 079501, 2011.
35. “An Exact Formula for the Half-Plane Pull-In Range of a PPL”, J. Stensby, Journal of the Franklin Institute, Vol. 348, Ussue 4, may 2011, ISSN 0016-0032.
36. “Digital Design – Combination Logic,” B. Earl Wells, Sin Ming Loo, Chapter 20 – Industrial Electronics Handbook 2nd Edition, CRC press, 2011.
37. “Processing of photosensitive APEXTM glass structures with smooth and transparent sidewalls,” K. H M Tantawi, J. Oates, Reza Kamali-Sarvestani, N. Berquist, J. D. Williams, Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 21, 017001 (2011).
38. “Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics of LIGA Fabricated Nickel and Ni-20%Fe Microstructures,” J. D. Williams, International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Multiscale Mechanics 1(3), 266 - 279 (2010).
39. “Woodpile photonic crystals using the LIGA technique,”J. D. Williams, P. Sun, W. C. Sweatt, A. R. Ellis, Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS 9(02), 023011 (2010).
40. “Processing Advances in Transparent Foturan Glass MEMS,”J. D. Williams, C. Schmidt, D. Serkland Journal of Applied Physics A, 99 (4), 777-782 (2010).
41. “Frequency dependant control of grain size in electroplating gold for nanoscale applications,” R. Kamali S., J. D. Williams, Electrochemical and Solid State Letters, Vol. 12 (6), (2010).
42. “Two Distributive Key Management Schemes in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,”M. Al-Shurman, S.M. Yoo, B. Kim, and S. Park, Intelligent Automation and Soft Computing, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 591-603, 2010.
43. “Vectorized Broadcast Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,”M. Al-Shurman, S.-M. Yoo, and S. Park, Journal of Telecommunications, vol. 3, Issue 1, pp. 7-13, June 2010.
44. “Route Information Update in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,” S. Park and S.M. Yoo, International Journal of Computer and Network Security, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 65-69, May 2010.
45. “Route Reutilization Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,”S. Park, S.M. Yoo, and F. Qiu, KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, vol. 4, issue 2, pp. 78-97, April 2010.
- Hits: 1441