Christine G. Robinson, P.E.
Office: TH 218
1996 M.S. Civil/Environmental Engineering, Mississippi State University
1993 B.S. Civil Engineering, Mississippi State University
Ms. Robinson is an active registered Professional Engineer in Alabama and Mississippi and holds additional inactive registrations in the State of Louisiana as a Professional Engineer and Certified Class IV Water and Wastewater Operators. She has taught several undergraduate and graduate sections in water quality processes and Senior Design at UA Huntsville since 2006. Ms. Robinson currently provides specialty engineering consulting services to the water and wastewater industry and other general consultants. She has worked in both the public and private sectors as an Engineering Manager for a small water/wastewater utility, a Civil Engineer responsible for management of design and construction of municipal projects as well as oversight and approvals of private site developments in the City of Huntsville, a Project Manager with an international environmental engineering consulting firm as well as a small industrial wastewater consulting firm, and for the USEPA Region IV office in the Groundwater Protection Branch and the Superfund program. She is active in engineering societies, and is a past President of the ASCE Huntsville Branch as well as the Society of Women Engineers-Greater New Orleans Section.
· Municipal, Industrial and Hazardous Water and Wastewater Treatment
· Storm Water Quality Management
Honors & Awards
· Civil Engineer of the Year, ASCE Huntsville Branch, 2006
· Distinguished New Engineer, SWE Greater New Orleans Section, 1995
· Elected to membership to Chi Epsilon Civil Engineering Honor Society, 1992
· Robinson, C.G. "Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, Storm Water Management Plan" Presented to the ASCE Continuing Education Seminar on Storm Water, New Orleans, LA, October 1999.
· Robinson, C.G. "Wet Weather Pollution Reduction: Area Wide Planning Required for MS4 Permits" Presented to the Louisiana American Society of Civil Engineers Annual Conference, Kenner, LA, September 1999.
· Broussard, B.D., Prellop, J.A. and Robinson, C.G. Offline Storage Facility for Wet Weather Flow Equalization, Water Environment Federation National Conference Proceedings, October 1999.
· Robinson, C.G. "Wet Weather Pollution Reduction - Municipal Storm Water" Presented to the Louisiana Water Environment Association Conference, Baton Rouge, LA, 1997.
· Robinson, C.G. “Update to the Information Collection Rule” Presented to the Louisiana Water Quality Technology Conference, Alexandria and Baton Rouge, LA, 1997.
· Robinson, C.G. “Water Treatment Plant Design” Presented to the SE Section of the Louisiana Conference on Water and Wastewater, St. Bernard Parish, LA, 1997.
· Robinson, C.G., Truax, D.D., and Shindala, A. Effects of Copper and Zinc on Sequencing Batch Reactors. 52nd Purdue Industrial Waste Conference Proceedings, p.67, 1997.
· Robinson, C.G. “Why Girls Enter Science and Engineering” Presented to the National Science Teachers Association Conference, New Orleans, LA, 1997.
· Robinson, C.G. “Update to the Disinfection/Disinfectant By-Products Rule and the Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule” Presented to the Louisiana Water Quality Technology Conference, Alexandria and Baton Rouge, LA, 1996.
· “Separate-Stage Attached-Growth Nitrification at Cold Temperatures” Presented to the Annual Meeting of the Georgia Water & Pollution Control Association, Columbus, GA, August 1993 and the American Society of Civil Engineers Student Technical Paper Competition, awarded 1st Place - Mississippi Section, Jackson, MS, April 1993 and 2nd Place – Southeast Regional Conference, Ga. Institute of Technology, April 1993.
· “A Preliminary Study of Continuous-Flow Biological Reactors for Treating Hazardous Wastes” American Society of Civil Engineers Student Technical Paper Competition, awarded 1st Place - Mississippi Section, Jackson, MS, May 1992 and 2nd Place - Southeast Regional Conference, Univ. of South Florida, April 1992.
Society of Women Engineers Student Technical Paper Competition: Region C Winner and presented at National Convention & Student Conference, Orlando, FL, June 1992.
· “Fate and Transport of Hazardous Waste Landfill Leachate in POTWs” Poster presented at the Gulf Coast Hazardous Substance Research Center Annual Conference, Beaumont, TX, March 1994.
- Hits: 750