JUMP (BS-MS Accelerated Program)
Downloadable documents (pdf format)
Basic Program of Study
The Civil and Environmental Engineering Program enrolls many talented undergraduate students who would like to complete the MSE at UAHuntsville in order to meet the higher standards for professional registration. The JUMP Program allows for dual course credit in upper level technical courses that are currently cross-listed as 400/500 with completion of graduate work and passing of exams.
Following successful completion of the 98 credit hours, the students would apply for the BS/MSE degree. By the end of the following summer, the students would start officially enrolled in the Program.
Students will be admitted to the JUMP Program at the end of their Junior year after completing 98 credit hours. To be considered for this program the students must:
- meet the minimum GPA requirement of 3.5,
- have completed all of the university core curriculum requirements, and
- have submitted an application to the graduate school for conditional admission
- Up to three (3) senior technical electives (9 credit hours) would generally be taken as 5XX-level courses,. The JUMP Program’s students would complete the added graduate requirements and pass the graduate students course exam to count for their grad credits. The Foundation course CE 485 will be taken as CE 585.
- Student would be admitted in summer following senior year or completing 98 hours.
- In total the student would complete 120 hours of undergraduate course and 34 graduate courses for the BS/MSE degree.
Suggested Curriculum for BS-MSE Accelerated Program in CEE
|CE 101||1||PH 111/114||4|
|CH 121/125||4||MA 172||4|
|MA 171||4||CH 123/126||4|
|Eng 101||3||CE 111 Graphics||2|
|BYS 117||4||CPE 112||3|
|PH 112/115||4||MA 244 -- Linear||3|
|CE 284 -- Surveying||2||CE 272 -- Dynamics||3|
|CE/MAE 271 -- Statics||3||CE/MAE 370 -- Mech||4|
|MA 201||4||MA 238 -- differential equations||3|
|CE 381 -- Structural I||3||CE 321 -- Transportation||3|
|CE 380 -- CE Materials||3||CE 372/373 -- Soils||4|
|ISE 321||3||MAE 310 -- Fluids||3|
|MAE 341 -- Thermodynamics||3||ISE 390||3|
|Totals||18||Apply for 5 year program||16||34|
|CE 449 -- Environmental Engineering||3||CE 422 -- Traffic Design||3|
|HUM/FA||3||CE 441 -- Hydraulics||3|
|CE 5XX -- CE Concentration||3||CE 499 -- Sr Design II||2|
|HU/SS||3||CE 585 -- Foundations||3|
|CE 483||3||CE 5XX -- CE Concentration||3|
|CE 498 -- Sr Design I||1|
Fifth Year (Graduate Program)
|CE 5XX -- CE Concentration||3||CE 6XX||3|
|CE 6XX||3||Math Course||3|
|CE 6XX||3||CE 697 -- Project||3|
|Math Course||3||CE 6XX||3|
|CE 683 -- Seminar||1|
TOTAL 154 Credit Hourse
Note: 5XX -- CE Concentration courses will be counted for BS and the student will perform the graduate project and pass an advanced exam to get credit for MSE.
- Hits: 1874