Hazardous Gas Leaks
(flammable, toxic, corrosive, oxygen, cryogenic)
If a gas cylinder or gas piping should begin leaking and if in the judgment of the person or persons responsible for such materials it presents any danger to themselves or the other building occupants, the following steps should be taken:
- If possible, close the valve.
- Confine the fumes or fire as much as possible to limit impact to the leak area.
- Sound the building fire alarm so evacuation can begin.
- Notify UAH Police at 256-824-6911and provide the following:
- Chemical Substance Involved:
- Room number:
- Type of incident:
- Evacuate the building to an assembly area leaving access for emergency personnel. Do not return to the building until instructed to do so by the Police or Fire Departments.
- Suspected gas leaks or suspicious odors should also be reported to UAH Police at 256-824-6911 so that appropriate departments can be notified and the source of the odor investigated.
- Hits: 423