All University of Alabama in Huntsville teacher education candidates must be fingerprinted and cleared by ABI / FBI. You must have a fingerprint clearance before you begin any field experiences in ED 301 or are admitted to the UAH Teacher Education Program.
Register for Fingerprinting
Applicants must register online for their fingerprint appointment BEFORE arriving at fingerprint location. Print two (2) copies of the applicant registration receipt. Bring one copy to the fingerprint appointment and bring one copy to the Certification Office to be filed with your record.
Alabama applicants MUST be registered online prior to arriving at a fingerprint location.
Option 1 - Online Registration – Visit Cogent website to register online.
Applicants are responsible for their own registration. Information incorrectly entered during registration and submitted during fingerprinting CANNOT be corrected and is the responsibility of the applicants. Changes to incorrect registration data MAY be corrected online or by telephone prior to fingerprint submission.
Option 2 - Telephone Registration – 866.989.9316
Cogent encourages ALL applicants to register online. Applicants are responsible for their own registration. Information incorrectly entered during registration and submitted during fingerprinting CANNOT be corrected and is the responsibility of the applicants. Changes to incorrect registration data MAY be corrected online or by telephone prior to fingerprint submission.
Fingerprint Fee is $51.40
- Applicants may pay online during registration using a debit or credit card.
- No cash, credit card or business checks are accepted at the fingerprint locations.
- Applicants may pay at the fingerprint site with money order or cashier check.
- Payments must be made out to Cogent Systems.
- Payment amount for ALSDE fingerprinting is $51.40.
While you may choose any Alabama site on the Cogent Systems list, the nearest location to UAH is:
3315 Bob Wallace Ave.
Huntsville AL 35805
Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8-5
Fingerprint Hours: Monday through Friday 9-5
Bring valid identification. Below is a list of acceptable identification documents.
Cogent Systems requires current, valid and unexpired picture identification documents. As a primary form of picture identification, a state-issued driver's license may be presented by an applicant when being fingerprinted. For those applicants without a driver's license, a state identification card may be presented if the state's identification card standards are the same as for the driver's license.
In the absence of a new driver's license applicants may provide one or more Secondary Documents including:
- State Government Issued Certificate of Birth
- US Active Duty/Retiree/Reservist Military ID Card (000 10-2)
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Citizenship (N560)
- Certificate of Naturalization (N550)
- INS I-551 Resident Alien Card Issued since 1997
- INS 1-688 Temporary Resident Identification Card
- INS I-688B, I-766 Employment Authorization Card
Secondary Documentation must be supported by at least two of the following:
- Utility Bill (with Address)
- Voter Registration Card
- Vehicle Registration Card/Title
- Paycheck Stub with Name/Address
- Cancelled Check or Bank Statement