Fan Tseng, Ph.D.
- M.S. in Management, Concentration: Operations Research, 1980, University of Texas at Dallas
- Ph.D. in Management Science, Minor: Computer Science, 1983, University of Texas at Dallas
- Operations Research
- Optimization and Heuristics
- Healthcare Operations Management
- Operations Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Business Statistics
- Frith, KH, Anderson, F., Caspers, B., Tseng, F., Sanford, K., Hoyt, N., & Moore, K., “The Effect of Nurse Staffing on Patient Outcomes in Acute Care Hospitals”, Quality Management in Health Care, 19(2), 1-10, 2010. (D)
- Laird Burns, Fan Tseng, and Berkowitz, David (2010), “Global network analysis in a military supply chain: Using a systems-based approach to develop a next-generation end-to-end supply chain performance measurement and prediction system,” 15th Annual Cambridge International Manufacturing Symposium, Cambridge, UK. (D)
- F.T. Tseng and E.F. Stafford, “New MILP Models for the Permutation Flowshop Problem,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, 59 (2008) 1373-1386. (D)
- M. M. Mashhadi, E. F. Stafford, and F. T. Tseng, “Development of a New Model for the Flowshop Problem,” Proceedings of 2007 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management, December 1-4, 2007, Singapore, pp.935-939. (D)
- F.T. Tseng, J.N.D. Gupta and E.F. Stafford, "A Penalty Based Heuristic Algorithm for Flowshop Problem with Sequence Dependent Setup," Journal of Operational Research Society , 57 (2006), 541-551.
- E. Stafford, F. Tseng, "MILP Models for the Regular MxN Flowshop Sequencing Problem with Separated Setup Times, " International Journal of Operations Research , 3 (2006), 155-172.
- E. F. Stafford, F. Tseng, and J. Gupta, "Empirical Evaluation of the Two Families of MILP Models for the Flowshop," to appear, Journal of Operational Research Society , 56 (2005) 88-101.
- F. Tseng, E. F. Stafford, and J. Gupta, "An Empirical Analysis of Integer Programming Formulations for the Permutation Flowshop," Omega - International Journal of Management Science , 32 (2004) 285-293.
- E. Stafford and F. Tseng, "A Note on "Redundant" Constraints in Stafford's MILP Model for the Permutation Flowshop Problem," Journal of Operational Research Society , 54 (2003), 1102-1105.
- E. Stafford and F. Tseng, "Two Models for a Family of Flowshop Sequencing Problems," European Journal of Operational Research , 142 (2002) 282-293.
- F. Tseng and E. Stafford, "Two MILP Models for the NxM SDST Flowshop Sequencing Problem," International Journal of Production Research , 39(8) (2001), 1777-1809.
- F. Tseng, "A Study on Algorithms for Selecting R Best Elements from an Array," in Meta-Heuristics: Theory & Applications (ed. I.H. Osman & J.P. Kelly), 523-535, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 1996.
- B. Schroer, F. Tseng and S. Zhang, "An Automated Programming Approach to Simulation Prelaunch Activities," Simulation , (July 1989), 23-29.
- B. Schroer and F. Tseng, "An Intelligent Assistant for Manufacturing Systems Simulation," International Journal of Production Research , 27 (1989), 1665-83.
- F. Tseng and K Truemper, "A Decomposition Characterization of the Matroids with the Max-Flow Min-Cut Property," Discrete Applied Mathematics , 15 (1986), 329-64.