Liwu Hsu, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Marketing, Boston University, Boston, MA, 2012
- MA, Applied Statistics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 2006
- MBA, National Dong-Hwa University, Taiwan, 2002
- Bachelor in Business Administration, National ChengChi University, 2000
Fields of Interest
- Marketing & Financial Performance
- Branding and Social Media
- Distribution Channel
- Econometrics Methods Research
Current Courses Taught
- Principles of Marketing (MK 301)
- Market Research Design (MK 343)
- Buyer Behavior (MKT 332)
Referred Publications and Conference Papers
Hsu, Liwu, Susan Fournier, and Shuba Srinivasan, (2011), “How Do Brand Portfolio Strategies Affect Firm Value,” MSI Report No. 11-003, Cambridge, MA: Marketing Science Institute.
- Srinivasan, Shuba, Liwu Hsu, and Susan Fournier (2011), “Branding and Firm Value” forthcoming in Handbook of Marketing and Finance, Shankar Ganesan and Sunder Bharadwaj, eds., Edward Elgar Publishing, MA, forthcoming.
- Hsu, Liwu, Patrick Kaufmann, and Shuba Srinivasan (2011), “Firm Value and Risk in Franchised Channels,” in Proceedings of the International Society of Franchising Meeting, Boston, MA.
- Kaufmann, Patrick, CB Bhattacharya, and Liwu Hsu (2008), “Corporate Social Responsibility in Franchise Systems,” in Proceedings of the International Society of Franchising Meeting, San Malo, France.
- Hsu, Liwu, Susan Fournier, and Shuba Srinivasan, "How Do Brand Portfolio Strategies Influence Firm Value?"
- Hsu, Liwu, Patrick Kaufmann, and Shuba Srinivasan, "Firm Value and Risk in Franchised Channels."
- Hsu, Liwu, Shuba Srinivasan, and Susan Fournier, "Can Online Chatter Kill a Giant? Insights into the Role of Brand Equity and Social Media during a Product Recall Crisis."
Lawrence, Benjamin and Liwu Hsu, “Financial Risk and Organizational Form.”
Hsu, Liwu, Timothy D. Landry, and Elten D. Briggs, “How Dynamic Customer Satisfaction and Employee Satisfaction Shape Firm Performance?”
Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
- Individual Investigator Distinguished Research (IIDR) Grant, The University of Alabama in Huntsville, 2013
- Outstanding Research by a Doctoral Student Award, Boston University – School of Management, 2012
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society, 2012
- Honorable Mention, Alden G. Clayton Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Competition, Marketing Science Institute, 2011
- American Marketing Association, Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2011
- Doctoral Research Grant, Boston University – School of Management, 2009-2010
- Doctoral Fellowship, Boston University, 2007 – 2011
- Graduate Academic Excellence, National Dong-Hwa University, 2000-2002
- Phi Tau Phi Scholastic Honor Society of the Republic of China, 2002
- American Marketing Association DocSIG, Vice President of Communications, 2010 - Present
- Boston University PhD in School of Management Association,
- Secretary, 2008-2009
- Vice President, 2009-2010
- President, 2010-2011