Liwu Hsu, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Marketing, Boston University, Boston, MA, 2012
- MA, Applied Statistics, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 2006
- MBA, National Dong-Hwa University, Taiwan, 2002
- Bachelor in Business Administration, National ChengChi University, 2000
Fields of Interest
- Marketing & Financial Performance
- Branding and Social Media
- Distribution Channel
- Econometrics Methods Research
Current Courses Taught
- Principles of Marketing (MK 301)
- Market Research Design (MK 343)
Referred Publications and Conference Papers
- Srinivasan, Shuba, Liwu Hsu, and Susan Fournier (2011), “Branding and Firm Value” forthcoming in Handbook of Marketing and Finance, Shankar Ganesan and Sunder Bharadwaj, eds., Edward Elgar Publishing, MA, forthcoming.
- Hsu, Liwu, Patrick Kaufmann, and Shuba Srinivasan (2011), “Firm Value and Risk in Franchised Channels,” in Proceedings of the International Society of Franchising Meeting, Boston, MA.
- Kaufmann, Patrick, CB Bhattacharya, and Liwu Hsu (2008), “Corporate Social Responsibility in Franchise Systems,” in Proceedings of the International Society of Franchising Meeting, San Malo, France.
- Hsu, Liwu, Susan Fournier, and Shuba Srinivasan, "How Do Brand Portfolio Strategies Influence Firm Value?"
- Hsu, Liwu, Patrick Kaufmann, and Shuba Srinivasan, "Firm Value and Risk in Franchised Channels."
- Hsu, Liwu, Shuba Srinivasan, and Susan Fournier, "Can Online Chatter Kill a Giant? Insights into the Role of Brand Equity and Social Media during a Product Recall Crisis."
Honors, Awards, and Fellowships
- Outstanding Research by a Doctoral Student Award, Boston University – School of Management, 2012
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society, 2012
- Honorable Mention, Alden G. Clayton Doctoral Dissertation Proposal Competition, Marketing Science Institute, 2011
- American Marketing Association, Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2011
- Doctoral Research Grant, Boston University – School of Management, 2009-2010
- Doctoral Fellowship, Boston University, 2007 – 2011
- Graduate Academic Excellence, National Dong-Hwa University, 2000-2002
- Phi Tau Phi Scholastic Honor Society of the Republic of China, 2002
- American Marketing Association DocSIG, Vice President of Communications, 2010 - Present
- Boston University PhD in School of Management Association,
- Secretary, 2008-2009
- Vice President, 2009-2010
- President, 2010-2011