Allen W. Wilhite, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, 1981
- M.A., Economics, University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign, 1978
Fields of Interest
- Computational Economics
Recent Courses Taught
- Principles of Microeconomics (ECN 143)
- Principles of Macroeconomics (ECN 142)
- Managerial Economics and Technology (ECN 626)
- Computational Economics (ECN 499)
- "Dynamic Competition in IT Security: A Differential Games Approach" (2013). Information Systems Frontiers, forthcoming. With Tridib Bandyopadhyay, Dengpan Liu, and Vijay S. Mookerjee.
- Military Supply Chains and Closed-loop Systems,” (2012) International Journal of Production Research forthcoming. with L. Burns, R. Patnayakuni, and F. Tseng.
- Wilhite, A. & Fong, E. A. (2012). Coercive Citation in Academic Publishing. Science, (Feb. 3) Vol. 335: 542.
- Wilhite, A., & Fong, E. A. (2012). Agent-based models and hypothesis testing: An example of innovation and organizational structure. Knowledge Engineering Review, Vol. 27:2, 221–238. & Cambridge University Press, 2012 doi:10.1017/S0269888912000148. With E.A. Fong.
- "Crime, Protection and Incarceration," in Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization , 2008, Vol. 67, No. 2: 481-494.
- "Economic Activity on Fixed Networks," in the Handbook of Computational Economics: Agent Based Computational Economics ed. by Leigh Tesfatsion and Kenneth Judd. Series eds. Kenneth Arrow and Michael D. Intriligator. (North-Holland: Amsterdam) 2006.
- "Protection and Social Order," in Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization , 2006, Vol. 64, No. 1: 691-701.
- "Self-Organizing Production and Exchange" in Computational Economics , 2003, Vol. 21 No. 102: 107-123.
- "A Model of Two-Party Campaigns in Pluristic Elections with Evidence," in Constitutional Political Economy ed. by R. Mudambi, G. Sobbrio and P. Navarna, with C. Paul (Cambridge University Press: Cambridge) 2001.
- "Bilateral Trade and 'Small-World' Networks" in Computational Economics , 2001: August, Vol. 18, No.1:49-64.
- "Rent-seeking, Rent-defending and Rent Dissipation," in Efficient Rent-Seeking: Chronicle of an Intellectual Quagmire , eds. A. Lockard and Gordon Tullock, (Kluwer Academic Publishers: London), 2001, with C. Paul.
- "Illegal Markets and the Social Costs of Rent-Seeking" in The Economics of Corruption and Illegal Markets ed. by G. Fiorentini and S. Zarnagni, 2000, (Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd.: Cheltenham, U.K.) with C. Paul.
- Market Size, Pricing Strategies and Selling Prices in Housing Markets" in The Business Journal , 1999: Vol. 14: 41-46
- "Campaign Tactics and the Decision to Attack" in The Journal of Politics , Vol. 60, No. 4, (November) 1998: 1050-1062. with J. Theilmann.
- "Political Campaign as Rent-Seeking Games: Take the Money and Run," in Public Finance Review , Vol. 25, No.5, (September) 1997: 509-521. with J. Burnett and C. Paul.
- "On the Economic Case Against Drug Prohibition" in The Journal of Economic Perspectives Vol. 10, N0. 3 (Summer) 1996: 196-198. with C. Paul.
- "Search Duration of the Unemployed: Geographic Mobility and Selectivity Bias" Review of Regional Research , Vol. 24, No. 2, 1994: 127-142. with E. Goss and C. Paul.
- "The Influence of Current and Past Alcohol Use on Earnings: Three Approaches to Estimation" The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science , Vol. 29 No. 1 (March) 1993: 9-31. with R. Bryant and V. Samarayanake.
- "The Effect of Military Service on the Subsequent Civilian Wage of the Post-Vietnam Veteran: The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance , Vol. 33, No. 1, (February) 1993. with R. Bryant.
- "Rent-seeking, Rent-defending and Rent Dissipation: Public Choice , Vol. 71, No. 1-2 (August) 1991. with C. Paul.
- "The Prime: More Myth and Reality" The Journal of Commercial Bank Lending , Vol. 73, No. 12, (August), 1991. with S. Forbes.