Ravi Patnayakuni, D.B.A.
- D.B.A. - MIS, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, 1997
- M.B.A. - Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow, India, 1988
- B.E. - Civil Engineering, BITS, Pilani, India, 1985
- Certified Supply Chain Professional
- SAP Business Associate
- Associate Professor, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 2004-Present
- Assistant Professor, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, 1998 - 2004
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Carbondale, IL, 1998
- Research Fellow, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia, 1996 - 1997
- IT in supply chain integration, supply chain management
- Diffusion and implementation of IT
- IT and business value
- Knowledge Management and Systems Development
- Patnayakuni, R, C Ruppel, “A socio-technical approach to improving the systems development process,” Information Systems Frontiers,12(2), 2010, p 219-234.
- Mandviwalla, M, R Patnayakuni and D Schuff, "Improving the peer review process with IT," Decision Support Systems, 46(1), 2008, p 29-40.
- Hornyak, R, M Lewis, R Patnayakuni, and A Rai. “Business network agility for global demand-supply synchronization: A comparative case study in the apparel industry” Journal of Global Information Technology Management 11(2), 2008, p 5-29.
- Patnayakuni, R, A Rai and A Tiwana, “Systems development process improvement: A knowledge integration perspective,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 54(2), 2007, p 286-300.
- Patnayakuni, N., C. Ruppel, and A. Rai, "Managing the complementarity of knowledge integration and process formalization for systems development performance," Journal of the Association of Information Systems , 7(8), 2006, p. 545 - 567.
- Patnayakuni, R., A. Rai, and N. Seth, "Relational antecedents of information flows in supply networks," Journal of Management Information Systems , 23(1), 2006, p 13 - 49.
- Rai, A., R. Patnayakuni, and N. Seth, "Firm performance impacts of digitally-enabled supply chain integration capabilities," MIS Quarterly 30(2), 2006, p 225 - 246.
- Hovav, A., Patnayakuni, R. and Schuff D., "A Model of Internet Standards Adoption: the Case of IPv6", Information Systems Journal , 14(3), 2004, p 265-294.
- Patnayakuni, R and A Rai, "Development infrastructure capabilities and process maturity," Communications of the ACM . 45(4ve), 2002, p 201-210.
- Kock, N and R Patnayakuni, "Who is in the driver's seat? The evolution of collaboration technologies in organizations," Organization & Society , 6(16), 2000, p 21-33.
- Patnayakuni, R and N Patnayakuni, "Information processing theory as a guide to choosing information delivery models on the WWW," Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research , 58(2), 1999, p 203-210.
- Seddon, P, S Staples, R Patnayakuni and M Bowtell, "Dimensions of IS success," Communications of the AIS , 2(20), 1999, p 1-60
- Rai, A, R Patnayakuni and N Patnayakuni, "Technology investments and business performance," Communications of the ACM , 40(7), 1997, p 89-97.
- Rai, A and R Patnayakuni, "A structural equation model for CASE adoption behavior," Journal of Management Information Systems , 13(2), 1996, p 205-234.
- Rai, A, R Patnayakuni and N Patnayakuni, "Refocusing where and how IT value is realized." Omega: The International Journal of Management Science , 24(4), 1996, p 399-412.
Conference Publications (Partial List)
- Patnayakuni R, N. Patnayakuni, and W. Orman, "Who are our students? A profile of IS majors," 2011 International Conference on Information Systems, Shanghai, China, December 2011, Paper 8.
Tang X., R. Patnayakuni, and A. Rai, "Why Do They Share Information with Supply Chain Partners? A Comparison of Supplier and Buyer Perspectives" 2011 International Conference on Information Systems, Shanghai, China, December 2011, Paper 6.
- Patnayakuni N, Patnayakuni R and J Gupta, “Multitasking While Chatting with Friends: A Social Translucence Perspective” Proceedings of the 41st Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, San Diego, CA, November 2010, Paper 488.
- Patnayakuni N, Patnayakuni R and Berkowitz D, "Adopting New Software: Drivers of Voluntary Adoption in the same Product Category" AMCIS 2010, Lima, Peru Proceedings. August 2010, Paper 489.
- Patnayakuni, R., N. Seth, and A. Rai, "Building social capital with IT and collaboration in supply chains: An empirical investigation" accepted for presentation at the International Conference on Information Systems, Milwaukee, WI, December 2006.
- Marie-Kelley, J., P. Xiang, and R. Patnayakuni, "OOo can I have that? An examination individual adoption of Open Office software" 2006 Americas Conference on Information Systems, Acapulco, Mexico.
- Zou, S. and R. Patnayakuni, "Analysis of IT strategic alignment and infrastructure capability in BPR implementations," 2004 Americas Conference on Information Systems, New York, NY, August 2004, pg 3726 - 3735.
- Associate Editor, Information Systems Journal, 2008 – present
- Reviewer for – MIS Quarterly, Information Systems Research, JMIS and other journals
Awards and Recognition
- Witmondt Fellow, College of Business Administration, UAH, Huntsville, AL, 2005
- Best Paper Research Award, College of Business Administration, UAH, Huntsville, AL, 2005