Xiaotong Li, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. in Business Administration-MIS, School of Business Administration, University of Mississippi, August 2001, Minors: Quantitative Analysis and Financial Economics, Phi Kappa Phi.
- B.A. in Economics and International Business, School of Pharmaceutical Business, China Pharmaceutical University, August 1997.
- 2007-Present: Associate Professor, College of Business, The University of Alabama in Huntsville
- 2001-2006: Assistant Professor, College of Business, The University of Alabama in Huntsville
- 1999-2001: Founding Research Assistant, Robert M. Hearin Research Center for Applied Enterprise Science, University of Mississippi.
- 1998-1999: Graduate Teaching and Research Assistant, School of Business Administration, University of Mississippi.
- Strategic Information Transmission in Supply Chain (or Channel) Coordination
- Behavioral and Bayesian Game-theoretic Modeling of IT diffusion and adoption
- Incomplete Contract and Dynamic Bargaining in Technology Investment
- Information Economics Modeling of Information, Incentives and Technology
- Behavioral Economics/Finance and Game Theory Interface
- Economics of Information Externalities and Network Externalities
- Real Options Modeling of Technology Competition
- Database Management
- High-Tech Diffusion and Marketing
- Computer Programming Languages
- Economics of IT and Applied Game Theory
- Supply Chain and Information Technology
- Computer Networking and Security
- MIS Principles
- System Analysis and Design
- Editorial Board Member, Marketing Science [INFORMS]
- Editorial Board Member, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications [Elsevier]
Recent Journal Publications
- Hartono E., X. Li, K. Na and J. Simpson, “The Role of the quality of shared Information in Interorganizational Systems Use,” International Journal of Information Management, 30(5), 2010, pp. 399-407.
- Xiaotong Li, “Preemptive learning, Competency traps and IT Adoption: a Real Options Analysis,” IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 56(4), pp. 650-662, 2009
- Xiaotong Li, Managerial Entrenchment with Strategic Information Technology: A Dynamic Perspective, Journal of Management Information Systems, 2009, in press.
- Xiaotong Li, Preemptive Learning, Competency Traps and Information Technology Adoption: A Real Options Analysis, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 2009, in press.
- Na, Kwan-Sik, James T. Simpson, Xiaotong Li, Tushar Singh and Ki-Yoon Kim, "Software Development Risk and Project Performance Measurement: Evidence in Korea," Journal of Systems and Software, 80, 596-605, 2007.
- Lai, K., Y. Bao and Xiaotong Li, Channel Relationship and Business Uncertainty: Evidence from the Hong Kong Market, Industrial Marketing Management, 2008, in press.
- Xiaotong Li, Cheap Talk and Bogus Network Externalities in the Emerging Technology Market, Marketing Science, 24(4), 531-543, 2005. [Lead Article]
- Xiaotong Li, Jeet D. Gupta and James Kock, Effect of Technological Breakthroughs on Electronic Markets, Electronic Commerce Research, 6(3/4), 389-404, 2006.
- Robert J. Kauffman and Xiaotong Li, Technology Competition and Optimal Investment Timing-A Real Options Model, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 52(1), 15-29, 2005. [Winner, Best Transactions Paper Award, IEEE Engineering Management Society]
- Xiaotong Li, Informational Cascades in IT Adoption, Communications of the ACM, 47(4), 93-97, 2004.
- Na, Kwan-Sik, Xiaotong Li, James Simpson, and Ki-Yoon Kim, Uncertainty Profile and Software Project Performance: A Cross-National Comparison, Journal of Systems and Software, Vol. 70, 155-163, 2004.
- Xiaotong Li and John D. Johnson, Evaluate IT Investment Opportunities Using Real Options Theory, Information Resource Management Journal, July-September, 15(3), 32-47, 2002.
- Xiaotong Li, Concurrency Control in the Domain of Multidatabase: A Semi-semantic Approach, International Journal of Information and Management Science, 10(3), 25-40, 1999.
- Xiaotong Li, “Black Swan: Why Information Commonality Matters in Business Relationships,” preliminary results presented at UAH FARG in March 2011.
- February 2004: Strategic Information Technology Entrenchment, University of Minnesota, MIS Research Center.
- March 2004: The Dark Side of IT Adoption: Management Entrenchment in the Knowledge-Driven Economy, The University of Mississippi, Hearin Research Center for Enterprise Science.
- May 2004: Strategic Information Technology Entrenchment, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Department of Logistics.
Invited Referee For
- Marketing Science
- Management Science
- Information System Research
- MIS Quarterly
- Journal of Management Information Systems
- Journal of AIS
- Communications of the ACM
- IEEE Transactions
- Applied Mathematics Letter
- International Journal of Electronic Commerce
- HICSS (Competitive Strategy, Economics & IS Track)