David Berkowitz, Ph.D.
Marketing and Management
- University of Alabama, Ph.D., 1997 - Major: Marketing, Minor: Applied Statistics
- University Texas at Austin, M.B.A., 1980, Marketing
- Rutgers University at Camden, 1978, Accounting
- Associate Dean, College of Business Administration, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 2011-present
- Director of the Integrated Enterprise Laboratory, 2009 - present
- Academic Director of the Innovation and Commercialization Laboratory, 2009 - present
- Professor, University of Alabama in Huntsville, Academic Year 2008 - present
- Department Chair of Management, Marketing, and Management Science, 2007 - 2009
- Director of the Center for the Management of Science and Technology, Academic Year 2003 - 2007
- Associate Professor, University of Alabama in Huntsville, Academic Year 2002 - 2008
- Assistant Professor, University of Alabama in Huntsville, Academic Year 1997- 2002
- Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Alabama in Huntsville, Academic Year 1996 - 1997
- Board of Directors Outside Member, Peaches Inc., 1996-1998
- Randall's Bridal and Formalwear, Kansas City, MO - 1987 to 1992 Co-Owner
- Hallmark Cards, Kansas City, MO -1980 to 1991
- New Product Diffusion and Adoption
- New Product Development
- Supply Chain Performance
- International Product Management
Current Teaching Responsibilities
- Marketing Emerging Technology (MKT 414)
- New Ventures Challenge (MKT 465/565)
- New Product Development (MKT 604)
- Lamore, Paul, R., David Berkowitz and Phillip A. Farrington, "Proactive / Responsive Market Orientation and Marketing – Research and Development Integration," forthcoming Journal of Product Innovation Management.
- Carter, Greg, Greg Harris and David Berkowitz 2010, “A Scan of the State of Lean New Product Development,” Proceedings of the 2010 Industrial Engineering Research Conference A. Johnson and J. Miller, eds.
- Bao, Yeqing, David Berkowitz, Brent Wren (2009), “Consumer Marketing of High Technology Products,” in Bidgoli, Hossein (editor), The Handbook of Technology Management, Vol. 2, 290-304. (D)
- Lamore, Paul and David Berkowitz (2009), “Market Orientation and Innovation: A Literature Review” in Timo Riihela and Minna Mattila (editors), Many Faces of Innovation, The Laurea Publication Series A-70, 7-41. (D)
- Killingsworth, William, David Berkowitz, John E. Burnett, James T. Simpson (2008), "The Application of Supply Network Optimization and Location Analysis in a DoD Repair Supply Chain," Defense Acquisition Review Journal, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 276-291.
- Berkowitz, David, Brent M. Wren, and E. Stephen Grant (2007), “Predicting New Product Success or Failure: A Comparison of U.S. and U.K Practices,” Journal of Comparative International Management,” 10 (June), 50-65. (D)
- Wren, Brent and David Berkowitz (2007), “Creating Strategic Commitment in Franchise Systems: Establishing the Link between Leadership, Organizational Structure and Performance, International Congress on Small Business (D)
- Allaway, A, R. Gooner, D. Berkowitz and L. Davis (2006) "Deriving and Exploring Behavior Segments within a Retail Loyalty Card Program", European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 40, Iss. 11/12; p. 1317.
- Sherman, J.D., D. Berkowitz and W.E. Souder (2005), "New Product Development Performance and the Interaction of Cross-Functional Integration and Knowledge Management," Journal of Product Innovation Management, New York: Sep 2005. Vol. 22, Iss. 5; p. 399.
- Allaway, Arthur and David Berkowitz (2005), "Modeling Market Adoption of a Retail Innovation over Time and Space," The Business Review Cambridge, Vol. 4, Number 1, Summer, p. 13.
- Berkowitz, D., Y. Bao and A. Allaway (2005), "Hispanic Consumers, Store Loyalty and Brand Preference", Journal of Targeting, Measurement and Analysis for Marketing, Vol. 14, No. 1, 9-24.
- Berkowitz, David, Jatinder N. D. Gupta, James T. Simpson and Joan B. McWilliams (2004), "Defining and Implementing Performance-Based Logistics in Government," Defense Acquisition Review Journal, Vol. 11, No. 3, 255-266.
- Allaway, Arthur W., David Berkowitz and Giles D’ Souza (2003), "Spatial Diffusion of a New Loyalty Program Through a Retail Market," Journal of Retailing, Vol. 79, 131-151.
- Simpson, James T., C. Wiedemann, P. Schmalen and D. Berkowitz (2002), "New Product Development in German and US Technology Firms" European Journal of Innovation Management, Vol. 5, No. 4, 194-207.
- Berkowitz, David, Arthur Allaway, and Giles D'Souza (2001),"The Impact of Differential Lag Effects on the Allocation of Advertising Budgets Across Media,” Journal of Advertising Research, Vol. 41, No 2., 27-36.
- Berkowitz, David, Arthur W. Allaway and Giles D’Souza (2001), "Estimating Differential Lag Effects for Multiple Media," Journal of Advertising, Vol. 30, No. 4; 59-66.
- Wren, Brent M., Wm. E. Souder, and David Berkowitz (2000), "Market Orientation and New Product Development in Global Industrial Firms," Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 29, Number 6, 601-611.
- Trocchia, Philip J. and David Berkowitz (1999), "Preparing the Marketing Doctoral Student for the 21st Century," forthcoming at the European Journal of Marketing, Vol. 33, Number 7/8, 736-759.
- Weaver, K. Mark, David Berkowitz, and Les Davies (1998), "Preliminary Development of an Export Screening Checklist: A Regression Analysis of a Comprehensive Norwegian Export Survey," Journal of Small Business Management, Vol. 36, Number 4, 1-11.
- Berkowitz, David and John S. Hill (1996), "Social Expressions/Greeting Card Industry: Anatomy of an International Marketing Strategy," Journal of Product and Brand Management, Vol. 5, Number 1, 34-46.
- Richard, Michael D., Arthur W. Allaway, David Berkowitz, and Giles D'Souza (1996), "Capturing Competitive, Cannibalistic, and Variety-Seeking Influences on Market Share: An Asymmetric Choice Modeling Approach," Journal of Applied Business Research, Vol. 12, Number 3, 108-119.