William I. MacKenzie, Ph.D.
- Ph.D. – Organizational Behavior & Human Resource Management, University of South Carolina 2010
- M.B.A. – East Carolina University, 2005
- B.S.B.A. – East Carolina University, 1998
- Strategic Human Resources
- Human Capital
Current Teaching Responsibilities
Organizational Behavior (MGT 361)
- Human Resources and Labor Relations Management (MGT 363)
- Strategic Human Resource Management in a Technological Environment (MGT 631)
Selected Journal Publications
MacKenzie, W. I., Klaas, B. S., & McClendon, J. (2012). Information Use in Counter-offers: Identifying factors that influence manager counter-offer decisions. Journal of Labor Research, 33, 370-387.
- Ployhart, R. E., Van Iddekinge, C., and MacKenzie, W. I. (2011). Acquiring and Developing Human Capital in Service Contexts: The Interconnectedness of Human Capital Resources. Academy of Management Journal, 54(2), 353-368.
- MacKenzie, W. I., Ployhart, R. E., Weekley, J., and Ehlers, C. (2010). Contextual Effects on SJT Responses: An Examination of Construct Validity and Mean Differences across Applicant and Incumbent Contexts. Human Performance, 23(1), 1-21.
- Harris, M., Grubb, W.L., and MacKenzie, W.I. (2006). Business students’ perceptions of employment in small and medium-sized enterprises versus multinational corporations: Investigating the moderating effects of academic major, gender, and personality. Journal of Small Business Strategy, 17(2) 27-35.