John F. Schnell, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., 1984, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Economics.
- M.A., 1978, The Pennsylvania State University, Economics.
Current Teaching Responsiblities
Principles of Microeconomics (ECN 143)
- Microeconomic Analysis (ECN 345)
- (Fun with) Games & Networks (ECN 445/545)
Research and Teaching Interests
- Internal Organization of the Firm/Human Resource Analysis
- Labor Economics and Industrial Relations
Economic & Social Network Analysis in Games
“Long-term employment and complementary human resource management practices. Journal of Labor Research (with C. Gramm), 34(1) (2013), 120-145.
- “Does employment security influence hiring success?” (with C. Gramm) International Journal of Business and Social Science,4 (3) March 2013,
- "The Relationship between Competitive Strategy and a Firm's Reliance on Long-Term Employment Contracts." (with C. Gramm), Korean Journal of Industrial Relations (December 2006): 107-136. (Winner of the Korean Industrial Relations Association Distinguished Research Award, June 15, 2007.)
- "Remedy-Seeking Responses to Wrongful Dismissal: Comparing the Similarity-Attraction and Similarity-Betrayal Paradigms." International Journal of Conflict Management. (with C. Gramm and E. Weatherly), (Vol. 17, 2006).
- "The Effects of Using Alternative Types of Staffing Arrangements" (with C. Gramm), Advances in Industrial and Labor Relations, Vol. 13, (2005), pp. 27-68.
- "The Use of Flexible Staffing Arrangements in Core Production Jobs" (with C. Gramm), Industrial & Labor Relations Review, Vol. 54, No. 2 (January 2001): pp. 245-258.