Charles F. Hickman, Juris Doctor, LLM-Taxation
Taxation & Business Legal Studies
- LLM - Taxation - University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri, 1989
- Juris Doctor - University of Arkansas - Fayetteville, Arkansas, 1985
- B.S.B.A. - Arkansas State University - Jonesboro, Arkansas, 1980
- Clinical Associate Professor, University of Alabama in Huntsville 2013 – present
- Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Alabama in Huntsville, 2006 - 2013
Current Teaching Responsibilities
- Individual/Small Business Income Tax (ACC 313)
- Corp/Partnership/Estate Tax (ACC 413/513)
- Professional Certification (ACC 480/580)
- Business Law for Accountants (BLS 411/511)
- State and Local Taxation (ACC 420/520)
- Wai Yin Mok, Charles F. Hickman and Christopher Allport; Implementing Business Processes: A Database Trigger Approach. Published in the International Journal of Knowledge-Based Organizations, Vol. 3, Issue 2, 2013.
- Charles Hickman. Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights – Issues for Developing Nations. Published in the International Journal of Business and Social Science, Pg. 213, Vol. 3, No. 6, March 2012.
- Charles Hickman. Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights – Issues for Developing Nations. Proceeding from the Institutti juridice contemporane in contextual integrarii Romaniei In Uniunea Europeana, editia a V-a, Bucharest, Romania. November 2011.
- Muehlmann, B.W., A.A. Baldwin, R. Hübscher and C.F. Hickman. Tax Strategy Patents: Intelligent or Just Useful. In Collected Papers of the Seventeenth Annual Research Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Emerging Technologies in Accounting, Auditing and Tax, Anaheim, California
- Charolette Noel & Charles Hickman: Unilateral Revocation of Letter Rulings by States; Implications for Taxpayers and Revenue Departments, Weekly State Tax Report , March 7, 2003.
- Consultant, working for Clifton Gunderson, LLP, and other corporate and individual clients; Counsel with the law firm of Paul R. Durr, P.C., 2003 - 2006.
- Principal, serving in the area of State and Local Taxation - Clifton Gunderson, LLP, 2001- 2003.
- Tax litigator; Special Counsel to the Chief Counsel - Illinois Department of Revenue, 1996 - 2000.
- Federal tax, state and local tax planning and controversy, business transactions - Mathis, Marifian, Richter and Grandy, Belleville Illinois, 1989 - 1996.
- Business litigation, including debtor/creditor and contract litigation - Croxton and Boyer, Rogers Arkansas, 1985 - 1987.