The primary responsibility of Central Receiving is to receive, distribute, and ship material for the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAHuntsville) Community. As a clearinghouse for merchandise acquired by Procurement Services, Central Receiving ensures merchandise delivery that is as quick and damage-free as possible. Central Receiving also processes outgoing shipments in the most expedient and cost effective manner.
Central Receiving performs the following functions:
- Receives all parcels and packages shipped to the University
- Delivers (daily) parcels and packages to respective individuals and departments
- Processes and dispatch all outgoing shipments
- Provides temporary and long-term storage of durable and expendable goods
- Requisitioning, receipt, storage and safeguarding of industrial gases and alcohol products
- Coordinates with auction agency for disposal/sale of surplus property
Central Receiving is located in the Central Receiving Building on John Wright Drive.
- Hits: 1592