UAH is a premier national and global research university that is a great choice for international students like you. UAH offers many advantages to students who seek a graduate education in an exciting, fulfilling and caring environment. With more than $70 million a year in funded research but just over 1,500 graduate students, UAH has the resources to offer incredible research opportunities in a university small enough to also offer personal attention.
The beautiful UAH campus is nestled in the cosmopolitan city of Huntsville, which has one of the highest concentrations of people with doctoral degrees anywhere in the Southeast. The community has excellent schools, a lively arts and theater community, and a high standard of living (with a cost of living that is below the national average).
UAH is near NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, two major U.S. Army commands (with a third on the way), the Hudson-Alpha Institute for Biotechnology and numerous engineering and technology- related businesses in and around Cummings Research Park, the second largest research park in the U.S. This technology-rich area provides outstanding research and employment opportunities for our graduate students.
- U.S. News & World Report ranks UAH as a Tier I national university.
- U.S. News & World Reports for 2013 ranked UAH as 184th among National Universities. In 2011, the Carnegie Foundation classified UAH as “very high” in the research Category, making it one of an elite group of 73 U.S. public universities. USA Today and Princeton Review ranked UAH as one of the top 50 educational values in the U.S.
- Compared with similar-sized public universities (approx. 7500 undergraduate and graduate combined), UAH ranks No. 1 in research expenditure in the nation – more than $65 million. In 2009 National Science Foundation (NSF) federal research funding rankings, UAH had four programs ranked in the top 10 in the nation, and 14 programs ranked in the top 20.
The top 10 programs included:
- No. 2: NASA funded R&D in computer sciences
- No. 4: Department of Defense funded R&D in social sciences
- No. 8: Department of Defense R&D in computer sciences
- No. 9: Federally-funded R7D in aeronautical/astronautical engineering
Graduate Studies Flyer
International Graduate Application Form
The UAH Police Department is a fully empowered state law enforcement agency dedicated to the. Each UAH officer, like their state and municipal counterparts, must meet the strict standards established by the Alabama Peace Officers’ Standards and Training Commission. (APOSTC)
We are proud to serve the UAH community and are here to protect life and property, prevent and deter crime, provide crime prevention services and programs and facilitate the safe movement of pedestrians and vehicles on the campus.
Additionally, the university offers a variety of services to assure the safety of students, faculty and staff members including:
- University police force that patrols campus and surrounding areas seven days a week, 24-hours a day
- Emergency call boxes which are easily accessible from various points on campus
International students in India may contact our UAH consultant in India directly for more information:
Navil V. Heggere
School of Graduate Studies
Cell Phone: +91 9886249999
Alternate Email: email@example.com